In a serendipitous occurrence, my blog has received its very first award in close proximity to the birthday announcement. I can only assume they are related. Thank you B&B Build a Life!
I was nominated for the Leibster Award! An award with mysterious origins, it has become an award of 11’s: provide 11 fun facts about yourself, answer the list of 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you, nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
Really, it’s the blog form of a chain letter, except no bad things will happen if you don’t pass it on. Good things will happen, if your recipients are anything like me, because I definitely had a moment of bliss when I discovered that I was nominated. I was excited enough that when I told my fiance he seemed…well…surprised.
Anyway, on to the meat of it.
11 Fun Facts
- I really want to learn how to quilt. I want to make giant story-quilts for my future children.
- I don’t know how to hand sew. It bothers me that I don’t, but not enough to actually learn how.
- I love shopping locally, at small stores, and especially with local products. Even if I end up paying a bit more, it gives me the warm and fuzzies to support them.
- I work as a computer programmer. No, I will not fix your computer.
- I love reading fantasy novels.
- I do not love reading science fiction novels. I like the magic and the new cultures, not so much the space ships and computers.
- My favourite tv shows are Castle, Bones, My Boys, Once Upon a Time, Leverage, Good Eats, Numb3rs and Whose Line is it Anyway (seriously, I’ve watched every episode of all 8 seasons at least 6 times).
- I have a penguin hat that I wear from October – May.
- I love playing board games. In fact, we have a weekly thing with friends, and most people have never heard of any of the games we typically play.
- I don’t know how to play chess. People have tried to teach me, but I don’t like long-term strategizing.
- My favourite colour is blue. It’s pretty obvious if you meet me.
Questions To Answer
- What type of things do you LEAST like READING about on blogs?
- Long paragraphs. The more text I see in one place, the less likely I am to follow through on my initial intention to read.
- What type of things do you MOST like reading about on blogs?
- Awesome craft-y how-tos! And sassy/sarcastic posts.
- What type of things do you like writing about the most in your blogs?
- That should be fairly obvious: things I make!
- What is the funniest thing someone has done – to you, for you, or that you witnessed?
- One time, my friend thought it would be funny to act like he was devastated because he’d driven over a raccoon on the way home. So there I was, being all sympathetic, when I discover that he’s a lying jerkface. I didn’t think it was particularly funny, but other people seem to 😛
- What are you most looking forward to this summer and why?
- Hmmm….well….Whose Line is it Anyway is due for a reboot. Yeah…that’s about it. Except maybe that I’M GETTING MARRIED!
- What is your favorite food to prepare?
- Chocolate sauce. It is really fast and goes really nicely with ice cream and/or fruit. Next to that…cookies.
- You have surprise guests come over and you need to slap some sort of snack together. Quick! Using what’s actually in your pantry right now, what would you make?
- Ahh! Umm…umm…I’d say cookie dough dip, but we’d have nothing to dip in it (except spoons!). Salsa and tortilla chips? That’s a decent snack, right? No? Alright, then lets make some instant custard, put some frozen raspberries and blueberries in it, and call it a day.
- Martha Stewart – Genius, or the Devil? (Or Both?)
- Hmmm….I think she’s kind of both. She has great ideas, but has set the standards way too high, and there are so many other people who have more awesome ideas…
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- I can’t tell you. But it’s a place my family has been going for 22 years. And I’m getting married there.
- What is your quest?
- To open an etsy store. And have the most amazing craft room anyone has ever had. And make all the crafts, ever.
- If you could only have 1 TV channel, what would it be and why?
- Discovery. Mythbusters is awesome.
I had a difficult time with this one, and I didn’t manage to get 11. But that just means the ones I do have are that much better!
- Pee In the Beans – despite the somewhat off-putting name, it is awesome to read about the handywork of someone so dedicated to getting things just how she wants them–with her (and her partner’s) own bare hands.
- The Veg Coast – reviews of vegan products and updates on new vegan restaurants on the West Coast (mainly in Vancouver)
- Marry Me Knot – inspiring words about marriage and other topics
- Your Vegan Neighbor – THE first vegan related blog I followed, and full of tasty recipes
- My nominator – B&B Build a Life (don’t worry, I don’t expect you to do it again!)
Annddd that’s where I run out…I get an F. I do follow lots of blogs, but I wanted to stick to the “inspiring” and “under 200”. I’m open to suggestions?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What did you answer, as a child, when adults asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up?
- What is your favourite kind of cookie?
- If you could pass one recipe down to your children (and have them pass it to their children), what would it be?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what are your 3 most important things to have?
- What is your favourite movie genre?
- Your least favourite?
- Do you prefer a sunny day or a rainy day?
- If you could only complete one more project, what would it be?
- What is your favourite cooking/baking ingredient?
And that’s it! I contemplated skipping the last two parts, because they were really hard, but then I thought that would be really self-centered. So, I hope everyone enjoyed this little diversion. And if you like my questions and have a burning desire to answer them in the comments, please do!