So, I was just wandering around the internet and stumbled onto this picture. Apparently, these are strawberries dipped in yoghurt and then frozen. Seems like a good snack to try this summer. Maybe putting it in fruity drinks as ice cubes, or just some snacky good times.
I feel like modifying this simple concept by adding a touch of honey and maybe some mint or lime would make this really awesome. Hmmmmmm….lime is acidic and probably wouldn’t be a good idea as it could possibly curdle the yoghurt.
(image courtesy of http://weheartit.com/entry/13344605)
- 1 quart of awesome delicious strawberries
- 2 cups of plain/vanilla yoghurt
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp of custard powder
1. Mix the yoghurt, honey, mint, and custard powder together. The mixture should be pretty thick and be able to hold it’s shape, almost like cookie dough (if it isn’t add a little more custard powder). Taste the concoction to see if it is to your liking. Don’t worry, I wont tell.
2. Place wax paper on a baking sheet or flat surface that you can fit into your freezer.
3. Wash and hull (pull the green stems off) the strawberries. Envelop the strawberries in the yoghurt mixture and place on the wax paper.
4. Place the strawberries in the freezer and wait about 3 to 6 hours for them to freeze.
Keep in mind this is a proposed recipe and it may be a little bit off.